Monday, July 13, 2009

Violins and Videos

This past week was exciting for us.  Jay got a little violin.  He is thrilled!  I love watching him love everything about it!

I was showing Jay some videos of violinists on You Tube.  This one is really fun since I've been on both the dancing and the violin ends-but never together!

I wish You Tube had been around when I started the violin.  It's so inspiring to hear and see so many great violinists!



These are the 2 books I am using to help us get started.  I will do a little review of them in a bit.


I was lucky to be able to see my violin teacher for a lesson on how to teach tiny people to play the violin a few weeks ago when I visited Utah.  I was 12 when I started.  This is very different than being 12!  We've been practicing with his box violin and just getting the real one out to look at :)

No comments: